Sunday, 4 October 2009

Self portrait


Self portrait, originally uploaded by Harry Sewell.

Strobist: 430EX +1 stop camera right via ETTL mode through a CTO diffuser, triggered by sync cord.

Balanced to Tungsten to throw the ambient blue

35mm @ F8 (ISO 100)

Inevitably you hit a dry patch; I haven’t been taking many pictures lately owing to complicated work schedules, bike thieves and the like. You realise you haven’t busted out the camera and strobes for a while and you begin to entertain the idea that you might have lost it and upon your next shoot get nothing but embarrassingly poor results. With no one around you stand out on the landing of your flat and hold out your camera in you right hand as far as you can whilst doing the same with a strobe in the left. Awkwardly you click capturing half a head, flash misfires and a load of double chins, hopefully one of those arkward clicks will catch you looking moody with the light just catching both your eyes.

- Oh my god I am officially a Flickr douche

2 comments:

ADRIAN said...

Sana is great, as for the self portrait it makes me feel old, I am old! that does it off out with the flash today. Thanks for the post.

Harry Sewell Photography said...

The self portrait, makes me feel old too, even with me wearing a B-Ball cap!