Thursday, 20 January 2011

What's for dinner?


What's for dinner?, originally uploaded by Harry Sewell.

Strobist 430EX @ 1/64 power through diffuser on fridge shelf above camera

Focal Length 10mm
Aperture F7.1
ISO 400
exposure 0"3

triggered by Cactus V4's

I saw a shot on the flickr blog that I liked and decided to go for an 'in the fridge' type thing, particularly as I have previously taken a shot looking the other way

I only spent a few minutes taking the shot so I didn't really have much to play with hence why I look particularly gormless in this shot

for processing;
I accentuated the lens distortion making it slightly more like a fish eye lens
Dodged and burned my eyes
Used a radial blur on the fringes of the picture
Added a lens blur to the extremities of the picture
Slected the highlights from the green channel, inverted the selection and then pasted it in as a layer and set the blend mode to 'Difference'
Added some colour balance layers to exaggerate colours in certain areas
Stamped visible and de-saturated the image, then applied a high pass filter and set the layer to soft Light (for sharpening)

No comments: